Thursday, August 30, 2018

Cruelty Free Make-Up Bag

I haven't posted a blog update in a while, life has been a little hectic at the moment. This post is slightly different to my past ones. Me giving some beauty tips, despite knowing hardly anything about makeup. 


For the past 2 years I have made the dedication to only buy and use cruelty free beauty and hygiene products.  I won't bore you with the reasoning behind my decision now, but I do want to share some of the resources and products that I use (just in case any of you reading want to make a few swaps to be more cruelty free).

I use a website run by The Leaping Bunny, a collective group of companies collaborating to make it easier when shopping for cruelty free products. As well as Leaping Bunny, I also use the Cruelty Free Foundation website. The Cruelty Free Foundation is a worldwide organisation working towards the end of animal experimentation.

Through the use of these websites, many many many recommendations and a lot of trial and error, I have finally got a good bag full of the best cruelty free makeup items- the best ones for me!

My Make-Up Bag:

MASCARA- I love to use Too Faced: Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara. It's so smooth and easy to apply, long lasting and makes my lashes look fucking fantastic. I always go for the full lash look, and I am no makeup artist, so use 3 coats of mascara.
I have also tried other mascaras (like the Barry M: Let the Good Times Roll Waterproof Mascara) and they haven't been as lengthening and long lasting. 


FOUNDATION- I don't actually use foundation very often, and I much prefer to use good BB cream. I find it smoother, lighter and (mainly because I have oily skin) it stops more breakouts. 
The best BB cream I have found is the Body Shop: All-in-One BB Cream. I had reservations about it at first, because when you first pour it out it's white and grainy, but when you rub it in the colour comes out and its so light on the face. (It initially does feel quite oily until you put some powder on, which mattifies the skin). 


EYEBROW PENCIL- I have very light eyebrows, despite my dark hair. This means I need to have a great reliable eyebrow pencil to religiously use. I have tried SO many pencils. SO many different types, consistencies, colours and brands, and I have finally settled on The Body Shop:  Brow Sculpt 3-in-One contouring pen. 
The crayon end provides perfect precision shape and colour, with the powdered middle finishing the edges.
If people know me they know I have had some disastrous eyebrows over the years. I accredit my recent 'acceptable' brows to both my sister's tutorial and this amazing product!


POWDER-  My favourite powder, which I have used long before I made the decision to fully go cruelty free.  The Body Shop: Loose Face Powder is so silky and soft. Honestly I will forever use this powder, even if it does explode out sometimes if too much of the powder empties into the top.


I'm nearly done. I promise. Sorry that this may be boring.

BRONZER- I love The Body Shop, so it comes as no surprise that most of my make up is from there. For me bronzer is bronzer. I'm not a makeup fanatic and I'm definitely no guru. I can't really offer much in a way of review on this. Just that Body Shop: Bronzing Powder, is fab and I love the way it looks with a complete face. 

HIGHLIGHTER- My mum works for Psychologies magazine and often comes home with a lot of freebies. When she heard I wanted to be cruelty free she brought me home a set of highlighters and other goodies from an amazing company Inika. Although this company isn't listed under the leaping bunny certified products, it is all natural and cruelty free. 
This highlighter is just fantastic and soooo beautifully shimmery.

                                   
EYE SHADOW- Like with a lot of my other makeup, I use any and all eye shadow. I'm not fussy. Having said that, I don't really like to use palettes because I'm really specific about what colours I use. The Body Shop Eye Shadows are perfect and amazing. Not only do you get to choose your colours and assemble the palette yourself, but you also get some of the highest quality eye shadow I've ever used (at a super price). If this eye shadow can stay on my eyed after I've had a long night out then it's perfect for anyone! I also tend to just swipe a single colour over my eyelid and just getting these individual colours is great for me.



So yeah, that's my makeup bag. All cruelty free and relatively cheap to buy. I hope this has shown that there are good product alternatives that are cruelty free. You help towards the end animal testing and it won't cost you an arm and a leg!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig