Sunday, August 12, 2018

making my introductions

Well this is my first blog post- DAUNTING.
So please bear with me through this because I'm still trying to get my head around how to neatly organise all my scrambled ramblings into a succinct readable order.

One of my best friends, Lily, is a blogger and when I began to use my writing as an outlet for my mental health issues, I took inspiration from her to start this blog. (Check her blog out for definite--->http://www.lilyroserichards.com/).

Lets get this underway then. I should start by making introductions, I'm Lucy👋.
I think a good way to do this would be to write the typical cliche 10 things about me. Yes. I am going to be that person right now.



1- I am 19 years old and like to think I am a very sociable, fun loving & happy person. (I often describe myself as 'a socially awkward extrovert'.
Have a picture of me eating melon.

2- I have a very supportive and loving network of family and friends, and a boyfriend who is the biggest doof going. I am so grateful for them every day.




3) I am going to put this next one out there because throughout this blog I will most probably be bringing it up quite a lot. I currently 'suffer' from Depression and Generalised Anxiety, which I take medication to manage. Previously I have had Anorexia and mental health disorders are common in my family. Just because I have these diagnoses, doesn't mean I am not a happy person. I love my life and I am very lucky with everything & everyone that I have around me. I am very very open about my health and firmly believe that if I can talk about my struggles then I could potentially be helping someone else.

4- I am obsessed with animals. I'm a proud vegetarian and only use cruelty free beauty products!

5- My obsession with animals is sent into overdrive with dogs. I have a border collie, Jessie, and she is the light of my life.


6- I am about to start studying BSc Animal Behaviour science at Greenwich University.
I had previously gone to Royal Holloway University and completed my first year in BSc Psychology. Then realised, through volunteering at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, that what I really wanted to do was pursue a career with animals.

7- I love reading and writing. Popping to Waterstones is a good day out for me. My happy place is in my hammock reading a book in my back garden.

8-I actually have quite a lot of medical issues. I am gastrointestinal-ly challenged and technically should be following quite a strict diet but I love food too much. Like LOVE food. Baking, cooking and looking at food is therapeutic for me, so I deal with the stomach troubles because I want to eat.

9-  Truth be told I am starting to run out of things to say now. It turns out writing 10 things about yourself is far more difficult than I expected.

Movies- I love 10 Things I Hate About You, anything Disney, Marvel (kinda have to cause my dad works in comics) and anything from the 80's (Pretty in Pink👌).
TV- gotta love Friends. Also a big fan of I Zombie, The Good Place and Brooklyn Nine Nine, to name a few.
In terms of music, I was born in the wrong era. I love all 70's and 80's music. Particularly Fleetwood Mac and ABBA (obvs).

10- Finally the last one...
I am a tad obsessed with frozen yogurt. Especially Menchies in America. My dad works in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, so family holidays are always spent out there with family friends. The most exciting part for me is to stuff my face full of Fro-Yo.

So you basically know a bit more about me. 10 things that hopefully make you want to follow this blog and come back to read the crap I write.

Thanks for reading, and I hope wherever you are you're having a lovely day.

Love,
Lucy x

(I'm aiming to post every Saturday and Wednesday- with a 'Weekly Love' post on Sundays x)
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. welcome to the blogging community!!! loved this post and looking forward for your future ones xxxx

    hhtp://www.meganclaree.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO SO much! I'll defo be checking your blog out as well!! xxx

      Delete
  3. Yayyyy!

    www.lilyroserichards.com | @bloglilyrose

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig